Intra Company Transfers

This visa is for employees of multi-national companies who are being transferred to a skilled job in a UK-based branch, head office or subsidiary of that organisation.
Summary of employer requirements

If an international company wants to employ a skilled worker from outside the European Economic Area on a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa it must first;

  • Register with the UK Border Agency and obtain a Sponsorship License
  • Issue a job offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship to the Intra Company Transferee

If you are responsible for recruitment in the UK for an international company or the UK subsidiary of an international company, and you need assistance in applying for a Tier 2 Sponsorship License then please complete a free evaluation form.

Summary of employee requirements

In order to be eligible for a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa you must:

  • Have an offer of employment from your overseas employer who must also be a Licensed Sponsor in the UK
  • Have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from that employer
  • Satisfy the Maintenance Requirement for yourself and any dependants
  • Satisfy the English Language Requirement if applying to extend leave beyond 3 years
  • Gain 60 points or more in the UK immigration points test. (You must score 70 points or more if you want to extend your stay beyond three years).

Please feel free to contact us if you would like assistance.